Sunday, April 5, 2015

3D Momento

For our next project, we designed a self-made "souvenir" based on a special memory.

When I was 15 years old my grandparents and cousin traveled to the Grand Canyon in Arizona.  My cousin, being a dedicated high school athlete decided to take up the challenge of running the Grand Canyon from rim to rim.  And he succeeded. All 38 miles down and up again.  Me being my overly-ambious teenage self decided to attempt running at least a mile up and down the canyon.  I managed running half a mile down before I had enough and ran the last half mile upward.

The momento consisted of wood carved and cut to look like a mini canyon. The red paint covering
the wood represents the harsh color of the red rocks of the Grand Canyon.  An ink trail, with varying widths was drawn from side to side of the inner wood surface.  Next, a shorter ink trail was drawn back and forth from the tip of one side.  The longer ink trail represents the distance my cousin ran across the Grand Canyon, while the shorter ink trail that is quickly drawn back and forth represents the small distance I ran.





No comments:

Post a Comment